Be our next
The Secretary General is the executing power to the board of administrators. The secretary general is there to take the vision and the strategy of the executive committee and bring this to life. They are the beating heart of the party, the important link between the membership and staff, and the executive committee.
Please have a look at the “Working as a functional lead What does it entail” section of the website to get an idea of what the requirements and expectations are. We are looking for two secretary generals with both gender and language parity.
- Taking over the day to day workings of the party off the hands of the executive committee: keeping the internal administrative systems up to date, member management administration, assisting in internal/external communication where appropriate, helping to organise the General Assembly and other relevant events/calls.
- Attending the regular board meetings and updating the board on the status of the day to day operations of the party
- Expansion and coordination of local teams: assisting new local teams by coordinating and training them to become independent city teams, staying in contact with current local teams to give them support as needed from a national level and coordinating local grass-root initiatives that touch on a national level/functional team level.
- Staff management: keeping the open vacancies up to date, helping to fill the vacancies, coordinating with and supporting the staff.
- Maintaining European cooperation by liaising with fellow secretary generals during the bi-weekly sec gen call.
- We expect about on average 8-10 hours per week, which can vary per week according to personal schedule and the agenda within Volt.
While we expect our secretary general to be an operational and integrated part of the board, there is some flexibility in the content of the function. There is certainly room to let your personal skills shine and/or assist in the designing and execution of strategic plans.
Are you interested in joining our enthusiastic team? Please do not hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have a quick chat about the function and to get to know us.